Sunday 6 July 2014

June Favourites!







What is it with us ladies that has us crazed over others beauty faves? I am personally a huge culprit to religiously sitting back and watching those monthly favourites videos that pop up once a month has passed. For those of you who aren't familiar with the monthly favourites it's nothing to do with our menstrual cycles! It is a list of products and things, fashion, beauty, books, films whatever has tickled your fancy or you see yourself grabbing more often that month. 

My love for these videos derive totally from the fact that I am a beauty addict. I LOVE to see what people are buying, what's new, what's good,bad and simply amazing! So if this sounds like your cup of tea or your just want to be nosey keep reading. 

First things first, yes these are usually in video format, I like recording videos, but I also like writing blogs, so your getting this in blog form. This will also be just beauty faves of mine. I hope you enjoy. 
Grab a cuppa, sit back , relax and read. 

Let's get down to the good bits, my monthly favourites, what has Bella been buying, and using this month? 
Not so long ago I decided to join a beauty subscription service "glossy box "( I would definitely recommended to all you beauty lovers out there!) long story short this subscription service gives you 5 sometimes 6 if there feeling nice, beauty products to try out before they hit stores or just while they are released. The great thing about this particular one is that it gives you (most of the time) a full sized product to try out. My pet peeve is sachets, I just can't cope with them. So in my 3 previous  Glossy boxes I received a couple of products that I just can't stop using!

So Susan Cosmetics:
This blush is considered a "universal" blush, it claims to nourish the epidermis, while reducing redness and also offers uv protection. While I can't exactly say it does all these things because I don't know if it nourishes the epidermis or gives uv protection, what I do know is this blush is fabulous, it is so highly pigmented I can see it lasting me a very long time. It blends beautifully and gives a gorgeous glow as it has a small highlighting effect in it as well. I have also used this blush as a base to a natural eyeshaddow look, so it's universal in some way that I know! 

As this is a product from a subscription box the price is in pounds, this retails at £18 and you can shop it on sosusan.com

Garnier Skin Naturals:
BB cream, something I said I would never try again after a couple of humongous let downs! As it came in my glossy box I told myself to just try it out and see how it goes, much to my delight I'm happy with the outcome. If any of you beautiful readers are Irish or English, you will have been blessed with the fabulous weather we have all been graced with the past month or so.  One thing that isn't so great that comes with the heat is the increased amount of perspiration your fabulous body produces, leaving us unfortunate makeup wearers with an awful patchy appearance. One very hot day in early June I decided to use this BB cream, as I have never understood the "hype" I wasn't aiming very high in my outcome. On application as most I feel it to be quite sticky, one I really buffed this into the skin (using a foundation brush) I was actually quite happy with the outcome. My skin felt nice, and all through the day my sweaty face did not make a patchwork out of my makeup, I now find myself grabbing this during the hot sweaty days. 
Don't expect full coverage because a BB cream isn't a foundation, it's a moisturiser that is highly pigmented. 
I'm quite pale and I used the medium one ( because that's the one I received) so I did need a bit of tan.

Garnier BB cream can be bought in any boots or superdrug. I think this products retails around €10

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara:
Last product from my Glossy box faves is this mascara. I don't know about you but I personally get a bit of a fright when I see a big clumpy looking brush, don't get me wrong I love my big lashes but these frighten me. I feel that big mascara brushes can tend to make your eyelashes look a bit heavy and thick ( in a bad way) again being a product I received I had to give it a go because that is after all the point of these boxes! The brush has an hour glass shape to it which gives you nice plump lashes, fanning them out to give a wide eye effect. I got over my fear after a couple of coats of this as it really does give a false lash effect! 

Rimmel is available in pharmacies, selected Tesco, Dunnes, penny's, boots and superdrug stores nationwide.

Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion:
Last but not least this favourite of mine has recently came back into my beauty regime! After a good scrub in the shower or a soak in the bath, I put a good amount of this godly stuff onto my palms and butter myself up! The bottle says "rough elbows? Bumpy upper arms? Lower legs? Deploy.." I can honestly say that this stuff works! It smells like an orgasmic fruit explosion has happened, and that smell stays. Just to clarify the amazing-ness of this smell, imagine a lynx add, the women are all running after the men in herds, that is this moisturiser for us. Herds of men running after that wonderful scent.

Soap & Glory can be found in any boots store. 

Now your brains have been filled with the knowledge of my June faves you can now either write a wish list, jump up, run and buy, or you can just accept what I have said, give this post a like and if your in a good mood after reading this, then follow and share it on Facebook. 


Another little thing before I go, I love writing my blogs and making my videos, if you beauty's like reading and watching please follow me and share my blogs and YouTube around. Even if there is 5 of you I appreciate that my blogs and videos put a smile on faces & help you out.

One last thing! 
Share your favourites with me! Comment down below and let me know what your faves are! 

Lots of love

Bella. X



No comments:

Post a Comment